7 August 2007

Grades Released on the Internet: Result!

I remember the feeling of waiting for my exam results as one of the most nerve racking experiences of my life. At that point in time it seems that nothing else matters and your whole future is dependent on whether that piece of paper tells you that the last couple of years have not been a waste of time. The butterflies in your stomach, feeling sick and snapping at your friends; all as normal as the regular trip you have been making to school for the last 16 years of your life.

There is nothing that can make this emotional time any easier other than actually retrieving your results. So imagine being away for the summer holiday that normally you would be looking forward to so much. You’re getting texts from friends telling you how excited and happy they are that they have passed and can finally relax and get on with their summers. There you are at this ‘beautiful’, ‘hot’, ‘fun’ holiday resort actually wishing you were back in ‘glum’, ‘boring’ and ‘dull’ England.

Finally one of the exam boards are getting their act together and have set up a system where students can register and look up their results online. I can’t believe that it has taken this long to get this up and running. I think it’s fair to say that most households either have the internet or at least easy access to it. If this was available when I was waiting for my GCSE results I would have actually been able to enjoy the holiday I was on at the time!

The only drawback currently, is that it’s only ‘Edexcel’ that are providing this service. Therefore, the students will not be able to access all grades. At least the younger students can sit comfortably knowing that the system is being piloted, and hope that it’s all fully up and running by the time they have to worry about their exam results. All I can say is “well done Edexcel and hurry up you others!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they're not already doing this! It seems crazy!